1. There will be no contract between the Client and the Owner until the Client has received an acknowledgement of his/her booking.
2. The Owner will do what she can to meet the requirements of the Client but reserves the right to vary or cancel the arrangements following events beyond her control. Any compensation paid to the Client arising from such alterations or cancellations shall not exceed the amount paid by the Client to the Owner.
3. The deposit is accepted as part payment for your holiday. In the event of you having to cancel the Owner is entitled to retain the deposit and in the event of a cancellation during 28 days prior to departure, the Owner reserves the right to retain full payment for the holiday.
4. The balance of the payment plus the security deposit is due 8 weeks prior to arrival this should be sent as one bank transfer.
5. A security deposit of £1,000 for The Chateau, £250 for The Coachman’s Lodge and The Coachman’s Cottage, £100 for The Gardener’s Cottage, Blacksmith’s Cottage, The Gatekeeper’s Cottage and The Stable is required in the case of damage to the property or its contents, this will also include £10 per key lost. However the sum reserved in the clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due no later than one month after your departure.
6. Prices quoted include the cost of accommodation and the Client is liable for all travel and insurance costs.
7. Problems must be sorted during your stay. They cannot be rectified after your departure.
8. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has the authority of all the members of his/her party to sign on their behalf and that he/she and the others agree to be bound by these conditions.
POLITE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR GITE GUESTS
All damage and breakages must be paid for. Small items may be replaced with like for like from the supermarket. Larger items should be noted on the inventory in the Gite.
Your Gite is prepared clean and tidy for your arrival, please leave it this way, cleaning products are provided (excessive cleaning required on your departure will result in a charge). At the end of your stay a cleaning charge of £100 will be taken from the security deposit for the Chateau and £75 for the Coachman’s Lodge 50£ the blacksmith’s cottage 30£ the gate keeper’s and gardener’s and 20 the stable. For all gites will be charged £15 per hour any excessive cleaning over the normal hours.A cleaning service is available for £15 per hour, this is strongly recommended during your stay for the Chateau and Coachman’s Lodge.
Arrival is between 4.30pm and 7.30pm and no later than 9.30pm by arrangement.
Departure is before 10am on the day of departure. See Deborah or Gilles to arrange keys.
Your gite will be cleaned and checked in the hours following your departure. It is not our policy to check as you are leaving, but it is helpful for you to tell us of any damage or breakage not replaced on your inventory list. NOTE: our terms and conditions state that your damage deposit will be returned approx 2 weeks after your departure.
Guests are expected to remove rubbish by Thursday evening for collection to minimize any rubbish left. Excessive rubbish left will be charged.
Guests have to dispose of their bottles at the bottlebank in the village. Any glass mixed with rubbish will not be collected.
Guests should wash all towels and bed linen before departure otherwise there will be a charge.
Guests expected to your gite are noted on the original booking form, each additional guest will be charged at £35 per week.
Should you note anything missing from the inventory on arrival or require something particular please let us know immediately and we will do our best to accommodate you.
If you have any problems or inquiries please ask Deborah or Gilles on the day before 8.00pm we will be happy to help